WATCH: Anti-Gay Male French Protesters Strip
By Jerry Portwood
Photos via Facebook
The call themselves Les Hommen, a French action group against marriage equality, yet they like to strip down, wear masks, even gag themselves, and have protested Toulouse, Nice, Paris, Versailles, and elsewhere in France.
As Gay Star News reports: "It appears to be a parody of Femen, the topless feminist protestors who rallied against Russian President Vladimir Putin’s gay rights record on his recent visit to Amersterdam.
The slogans on their bodies, written in French and English, declare ‘No gay marriage’ ‘Save kids’ and ‘Demo [democracy] dead’."
As one French gay activist sarcastically told GSN: "For some people, the best way to protest is to show their own bodies because they aren’t very good looking. But that’s just being bitchy and we should be better than that."
To us, it seemed like a sly bit of culturejamming. Could it be some bizarre art project gone awry. If it is a legit protest, it got us thinking: If France has this sort of protester, can we trade them for the Westboro?
Watch a video of shirtless Les Hommen below:
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary