Cover of Candy Magazine, photography by Mariano Vivanco
1. To mark its fifth anniversary, Candy Magazine ("the world's first transversal style magazine") has revealed an epic cover. The fold-out spread features 14 transgender role models and leading trans activists, with the gorgeous quartet of Laverne Cox, Janet Mock, Carmen Carrera, and Geena Rocero taking center stage. (Style.com)
2. A new Tide commercial features a gay couple who charmingly bicker about laundry habits.
3. The Irish bull, Benjy, caused quite a stir across the pond earlier this year. After realizing that he was far more interested in the other bulls -- and not the cows he should have been breeding with -- Benjy's farmer decided to send him to slaughter. News of such a fate for the gay bull sparked an international campaign to save his life, and today he arrived at his new home in Norwich, England. Apparently, he's already made a special friend in a one-year-old bullock called Alex. A spokeswoman said, "He's a handsome little lad, so you can't blame him." (Irish Post)
4. Almost 60 House Democrats sent a letter to President Obama today demanding that more be done to protect unaccompanied immigrant minors, especially LGBT children and teenagers, from sexual abuse. (Huffington Post)
5. It's been a busy day at Capitol Hill. Senators Elizabeth Warren and Tammy Baldwin, along with 80 other Congressional Democrats, have sent a letter to President Obama calling for the nation as a whole to "embrace science and reject outdated stereotypes" by completely lifting the ban on gay men donating blood. (The New Civil Rights Movement)
6. We now have further proof that of Angelina Jolie's perfection. She can even make the chicken pox look good.