WATCH: Sexy Stephen Amell in 'Arrow' Trailer
By Diego James
We have to be honest, ever since Tom Welling decided he was too good to take off his shirt in Smallville, we kinda lost interest. So now that CW is launching the spinoff, Arrow—about Clark Kent's rich buddy who fights crime without any perceived superpowers (other than extreme wealth and amazing marksmanship with a bow and arrow)—we're glad that they realize the shirtless factor does play some importance in our viewing pleasure.
While Justin Hartley, who played Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in the Smallville franchise, didn't make it over to the spinoff, we can't say that we're sad that, um, robust Stephen Amell was cast as Queen/Arrow (can we just start calling him Queen Arrow? It would make things so much easier—and fun).
We don't want to know what sort of HGH is going into those crazy arms, and Queen Arrow does seem like a Rambo ripoff out to exact some scary vigalante revenge, but we do admire those guns for being human but bordering on SUPER human. I mean, archers need great forearms right?
The show premieres October 10, in the meantime, we're ready to be teased some more. Watch this teaser below.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World