1. In an interview with The Guardian, singer R Kelly told Tim Jonze that he's found his equal in Lady Gaga. Kelly, whose Black Panties album drops Tuesday (no pun intended), is a self-described "alien" and told Jonze, "yes she is [another alien], and I met my match when I met her. She's not afraid to just do themselves and not try to do anyone else." Kelly was featured on Lady Gaga's single "Do What U Want."
2. "On Smarm," a think piece published yesterday on Gawker, is possibly one of the most on point examinations of current discourse written in a long while. It is an insightful must-read.
3. Cosmopolitan's Fashion Editor, Charles Manning, penned a list of 14 things straight girls shouldn't say to gay men. They're all pretty on point.
4. Broken Bells, a super group made up of Brian Burton (aka Danger Mouse) and James Mercer--the lead signer and guitarist for The Shins, have released the video for their single "Holding on for Life," the first cut off their upcoming album After the Disco. The stunning video features Kate Mara, whom you may remember as Zoe Barnes from House of Cards and the stalkerish Hayden from the first season of American Horror Story, and Anton Yelchin, who played Chekov in the Star Trek films, as literally star crossed lovers. After the Disco drops January 14. Check out the video below.
5. With Tom Daley's coming out as not entirely straight, The Cut asks why there's a double standard for men and women when it comes to the spectrum of sexuality. Why did Daley experience so much biphobia while Maria Bello got so little blow back? Writer Ann Friedman gets close to the heart of the issue.
6. Maybe I just read to much Hans Christian Andersen as a child, but I find Daft Punk's video for "Instant Crush" incredibly poignant. Check it out below: