Iran Is Starting To Round Up The Gays
…And 5 Other Things You Need To Know Today
October 11 2013 6:21 PM EST
February 05 2015 9:27 PM EST
1. The Guardian reports that Iran has arrested a "network of homosexuals and Satanists" in the western city of Kermanshah. The revolutionary guards raided a birthday party--is nothing sacred?--and arrested 17 people including a number foreign nationals. What qualifies you to be "Satanist" or a "homosexual" in Iran? Tattoos, make up, and rainbow bracelets. So if you've ever shopped at Hot Topic, stay the Hell out of Iran.
2. Today is National Coming Out Day, so do your part and show a newly out gay the ropes (not that way) and to all the new members of the comunity, we at Out welcome you.
3. JWoww vs. Chris Christie. Place your bets. Pink News reports that the former Jersey Shore cast member warned the New Jersey Governor, who's come out against same-sex marriage, that she will "come after him" if he doesn't change his views. My money's on JWoww; not only is she scrappy but I bet she's also spry.
4. Krokodil, a flesh-destroying faux-heroin made from under-the-sink chemicals has shown in up in New York's hottest clubs. A man was thrown out of Le Bain, The Standard's roof top club, for dealing the bootleg smack. According to New York Magazine this has also happened at hot spot, Westway. You know when they told you not to do drugs and you may or may not have listened. Well listen to me when I say, "Don't do Krokodil." Seriously. It's gross. Check out Vice magazine's documentary and see for yourself.
5. Benedict Cumberbatch did a Reddit AMA today and it was brilliant. He was not only full of sass, but also wisdom. Check it out to find out how to get free cake.
6. If you haven't heard Janelle Monae's latest album, The Electric Lady, than stop what you're doing and get it now. It's a masterpiece. Check out the video for the ace track "Primetime" featuring Miguel.