Scroll To Top

Passport Sex Change Made Easy

It's not as simple as a note from your mom, but it's a step in the right direction. Starting this week, trans travelers from the U.S. will no longer need to have had surgery in order to be able to have their M/F status on their passports changed. From here on out, a simple doctor's certification that you've "undergone appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition" is all that the State Department will need.

There are of course guidelines on what the certification needs to include, but no other medical records are required. This could mean some patients have had surgery, and some merely non-surgical care but still qualify. "It is also possible to obtain a limited-validity passport if the physician's statement shows the applicant is in the process of gender transition," a State Department official said.

Previously > Public Penis Art #10: The Moon

AdvocateChannel promoOut Magazine - Ricky Martin

From our Sponsors

Most Popular

Latest Stories