1. The Advocate reports that the Federal government will recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages, even if Utah won’t. On Wednesday, Utah announced that it’s invalidated the nearly 1,000 same-sex marriages that occurred after a judge ruled the state’s voter-approved ban on same-sex marriages unconstitutional.
2. The third season of HBO’s Girls won’t premiere until Sunday, but the show's already been renewed for a fourth. Entertainment Weekly reports that the fourth season will start shooting in the spring and will premiere in 2015. In other Girls news, it seems that one of Shoshanna’s suitors this season will be Zosia Mamet’s real life boyfriend, X-Men: Days of Future Past star Evan Jonigkeit. Also don’t be a dick to Lena Dunham when Girls producers Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner are around. When a male writer at today’s Television Critics Association panel asked Lena Dunham why "your character is often naked at random times for no reason," Dunham fielded the question calmly. Apatow and Konner, however, tore that guy a new one.
4. For today’s edition of “Really Random Couples,” it seems that Hole frontwoman Courtney Love and The Newsroom creator Aaron Sorkin may be an item.
5. Miley’s “Wrecking Ball” video is so scandalous that even France won’t air it until after 10 PM. The Associated Press reports that the Conseil Supérieur de l'Audiovisuel, France’s media regulatory council, says that French television channels can only broadcast “Wrecking Ball” and Britney’s “Work Bitch” after the kids have gone to bed. [h/t Jezebel]
6. Scottish synthpop group Chvrches covered Janelle Monae’s “Tightrope” in front of Janelle Monae. It all went down at Billboard’s Women in Music Brunch. Just like their cover of Whitney Houston’s “It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay,” rather than try to emulate the out-right dancey exuberance of the original, they give it their own totally blissed out treatment. Check out the video below.