There's no denying it: Barbra Streisand is a musical legend. Whether you're a casual fan or a lifelong, die-hard lover of all things Babs, The Advocate and Out are giving you a chance to see her in person for our Barbra Streisand Concert Ticket Giveaway.
We have two tickets for the grand prize winner, selected at random, to her concert October 13 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., worth $1,400. Five runners-up will receive a copy of Streisand's newest CD, Release Me.
Visit either Out's or The Advocate's Facebook page, become a fan by liking the page, and then COMMENT on this post with your favorite Barbra song to be eligible for two tickets to see her live at the Barclay's Center in New York City.
You can repost it as many times as you want until October 8, and each like, comment, and share will count as one entry in the sweepstakes. The winner will be selected October 9, the same day as her new album.
Release Mehits stores on October 9.
The grand prize winner is responsible for transportation and lodging.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The "Barbara Streisand Concert Ticket Giveaway" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") commences at 10:00:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on October 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on October 8, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on October 8, 2012. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are: (i) legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; (ii) are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry; and (iii) have a www.facebook.com account to enter. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parents/legal guardians in order to be declared a Grand Prize Winner (as defined herein). Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Here Media Inc. ("Sponsor"), Barbara Streisand ("Artist"), Sony Music Entertainment ("SME"), Facebook, Inc. ("Facebook") (Facebook, SME, and Artist, together with Sponsor, are collectively referred to herein as the "Sweepstakes Entities"), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, third party fulfillment agencies, respective agents, employees, officers, directors, members, successors and assigns (collectively, with Sweepstakes Entities, the "Released Parties") are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to https://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/music/2012/10/01/win-two-tickets-see-barbra-streisand-live-concert and/or https://www.out.com/entertainment/popnography/2012/10/02/win-two-tickets-see-barbra-streisand-live-concert and leave a comment about your favorite Barbra Streisand song on the "WIN: Two Tickets to See Barbra Streisand Live in Concert" post (the "Post"). BY COMMENTING ON THE SPECIFIED POST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. You can comment on the Post as many times as you want to enter this Sweepstakes. Eachcomment will count as one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. You are limited to participation via a single Facebook account. Creating multiple Facebook accounts in order to exceed this limit may result in the disqualification of all entries from you. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited, and automated likes or comments, or likes or comments sent via a bot, will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as "Eligible Entries". In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the Facebook account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Facebook account by Facebook. All entries become the property of Sponsor who shall have the right to edit, adapt, and publish any or all of the entries. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Facebook Terms and Policies available at the Facebook Web Site. If you opt to use Facebook via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Sweepstakes), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a Grand Prize Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, you consent to receive news, updates and/or promotional information from Sponsor and/or its related or affiliated entities and brands.
5. Grand Prize Winner Selection/Notification: One (1) grand prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner") will be randomly selected on or around October 9, 2012 by Sponsor from the Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts over the twelve (12) hour period following the Grand Prize Winner selection to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner via the Grand Prize Winners' Facebook and/or personal email account and via postings from https://www.facebook.com/outmagazine and https://www.facebook.com/TheAdvocate. Once Sponsor and the potential Grand Prize Winner have connected via email, and the potential Grand Prize Winner provides Sponsor with a telephone number for contacting them, then Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner via the telephone number(s) provided via Facebook. If the potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached when he/she is called (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems) the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. If a potential Grand Prize Winner does not respond within twelve (12) hours of being contacted in either method (e.g. email and/or via telephone), the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until potential Grand Prize Winner responds. The Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary.
6. Grand Prize Winner Verification: The potential Grand Prize Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within one (1) day of being notified as a potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Grand Prize Winner such potential Grand Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor's sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Grand Prize Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within one (1) day of receipt of the following documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of any Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Grand Prizes; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Grand Prize Winner's social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the "Releases"). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. The Grand Prize Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Grand Prize and that Grand Prize Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Grand Prize Winner are not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Grand Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize Winner may forfeit Grand Prize at Sponsor's sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with deadline outlined herein, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Grand Prize: The randomly selected Grand Prize Winner shall receive two (2) tickets to Barbara Streisand in concert on October 13, 2012, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY(the "Grand Prize"). Airfare, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, and all other expenses are not included. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for providing his/her own transportation. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if potential Grand Prize Winner is unable or unavailable to accept the Grand Prize.
The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $1,400.00. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Grand Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. No other substitution, transfer or cash equivalent permitted. The Grand Prize will be fulfilled on or around October 13, 2012, and such date is subject to change in Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be made by SME. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above are solely Grand Prize Winner's responsibility. The value of the Grand Prize may be taxable to Grand Prize Winner as income. The Grand Prize Winner must supply his/her social security numbers for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Grand Prize Winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the Grand Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Grand Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely the Grand Prize Winner's responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Grand Prize Winner or potential Grand Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Grand Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded. The Grand Prize may not be sold, bartered, exchanged, published or replicated in anyway by the Grand Prize Winner.
9. Runner-up Prize: Five (5) runner-up prize winners (each a "Runner-up Winner") will be randomly selected on or around October 9, 2012, by Sponsor from the remaining Eligible Entries after selection of the Grand Prize Winner. Each Runner-up Winner will receive one (1) CD copy of "Release Me" by Barbara Streisand (the "Runner-up Prize"). Sponsor will attempt to contact each potential Runner-up Winner via their Facebook and/or personal email account and via postings from https://www.facebook.com/outmagazine and https://www.facebook.com/TheAdvocate. Once Sponsor and the potential Runner-up Winner have connected via email, Runner-up Winner shall provide a mailing address or other necessary information for receipt of the Runner-up Prize. Disqualification will result and an alternate Runner-up Winner will be selected if Runner-up Winner fails to respond timely, if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if Runner-up Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Runner-up Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary. All taxes, including federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Runner-up Winner. If required by law, winner will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Runner-up Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded
The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Runner-up Prize is $15.00. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Runner-up Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. No other substitution, transfer or cash equivalent permitted. The Runner-up Prize will be fulfilled on or around October 15, 2012, and such date is subject to change in Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion.
10. Publicity/Privacy: By accepting a prize, the Grand Prize Winner and the Runner-up Winners consent to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph and entry submission for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or a party designated by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter known including but not limited to, any online announcements, or for sharing this information with the press for viewing, whether TV or print, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
11. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner, the Runner-up Prize, and the Runner-up Winners. Sponsor shall assume no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail received, typographical errors, technical, computer or telephone malfunctions, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other mistake. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Grand Prize and Runner-up Prize may be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner or the Runner-up Winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. The state and federal courts located in the County of Los Angeles, California shall have sole jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the Sweepstakes and the laws of the State of California shall govern the Sweepstakes. Each entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts and hereby submits to the jurisdiction of those courts. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Released Parties, and hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
12. Requests for the Names of the Grand Prize Winners and the Official Rules: For the names of the Grand Prize Winner, the Runner-up Winners, and/or the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by November 16, 2012 to: Here Media Inc., The "Barbara Streisand Concert Ticket Giveaway" Sweepstakes, 10990 Wilshire Blvd., 18th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90024, Attention: Business and Legal Affairs.
13. Sponsor: Sweepstakes sponsored by Here Media Inc.,10990 Wilshire Blvd., 18th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90024.