Last night one of Ryan Murphy’s long-awaited shows of the season, Scream Queens, finally premiered. Audiences were treated to strong, sharp-tongued female-led cast with amounts of queen-bee sass reminiscent of Heathers, and classic horror tropes updated for the modern age. Make sure you live-tweet your murder so all your followers don’t wonder where you went.
Though the men of the show couldn’t hope to compete with the women in the series premiere, they still made a strong showing, chief among them: Nick Jonas. The singer-turned actor's character, Boone, seems pretty two-dimensional at first, but a twist in the closing seconds of the episode (which we won’t spoil yet) sets him up for a very interesting season. Here’s what we know so far.
1. He’s very protective of his fraternity big brother, Chad Radwell (Glen Powell), and won’t let anyone, not even Chanel Oberlin (Emma Roberts) waste his time. He also doesn’t mind “crossing swords” with him.
GIF via ETonline.
2. Boone is a college guy and, true to the stereotype, is very self-involved. His testosterone production and narcissism mix together and bless us with shirtless self-admiring work outs like this one.
GIFs via logwhore on Tumblr.
3. Jonas himself is happy for any amount of representation his characters bring to the LGBT community. “I think it’s all about being true to who you are. For Boone in particular and this show as a whole, everything is not as it seems,” he recently told ETonline. “I’ve been so honored to play some really strong gay characters.”
4. He only tried to touch Chad’s “wiener” that one time when he was scared during a thunderstorm.
5. Now he leaves Chad’s wiener alone and keeps his hands on his frog... and is a big spoon apparently.
GIFs via glen-powell on Tumblr.