A week and a half after former Boston TV news anchor Heather Unruh claimed that Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted her 18-year-old son, she has come forward with new claims. This time, she has gone on Megyn Kelly Today to say that eight more men have come to her with stories of alleged sexual assault by Spacey.
"To be honest with you, I've heard from at least eight other alleged Spacey victims," Unruh said on Megyn Kelly Today. "And I think there are so many more who are still afraid to come forward, or are just too embarrassed."
During a news conference earlier this month, Unruh detailed her son's alleged sexual assault by Spacey at a bar in Nantucket. The actor allegedly took her son out drinking despite him being underage and then "made his move and sexually assaulted him." From there, he reportedly tried to get the young man to accompany him to a private after-party so they could continue drinking but, thanks to the help of a concerned bystander, Unruh's son was able to get away.
As a result of these allegations, the Nantucket police department opened a criminal investigation, which is still ongoing. "There is evidence," Unruh told Kelly on Monday. "Because there's an ongoing police criminal investigation, I'm not able to talk about what that evidence is. But there is evidence and there are witnesses."
Spacey has been accused of inappropriate behavior by over a dozen men and at the Old Vic theater, where he served as artistic director of the theater from 2004 to 2015, there have been 20 allegations of "inappropriate behavior" levied at the actor.
Be sure to follow Out on your favorite social platform
DON'T MISS THE OUT100 SPECIAL 3 DAY MARATHON STARTING NOVEMBER 24TH!
Journey through the year’s influential Out100 – the most iconic and long-standing celebration of LGBTQ+ icons and allies – in a 1-hour television special spotlighting the LGBTQ+ people shaping the world today.