Louis C.K. on Harassment Allegations: 'These Stories Are True'

Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP
Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP

After a New York Times exposé brought to light allegations of sexual harassment from five women in the comedy community against Louis C.K., the Emmy-winning writer and comic released today an official statement in response, confirming that all the stories of sexual misconduct are true.

AP has reported the following statement—read it in full here:

"I want to address the stories told to the New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my (penis) without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your (penis) isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.

I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position."

Since these allegations have come to light, C.K.'s new standup special with Netflix has been scrapped, Deadline reports. C.K. had been signed to do two new comedy specials for the streaming juggernaut—the first, titled 2017, premiered on April 4, will remain online. The second had not, and will not, begin production. 

Related | Masturbation Joke Enthusiast Louis C.K. Accused of Sexual Harassment By 5 Women

“The allegations made by several women in The New York Times about Louis C.K.’s behavior are disturbing,” Netflix said in a statement. “Louis’s unprofessional and inappropriate behavior with female colleagues has led us to decide not to produce a second stand up special, as had been planned.”

The comedian was also dropped from HBO's Night of Too Many Stars benefitting autism yesterday. HBO has also removed all content from the comic off of their subscription channels. 

FX, where C.K. has been producing for 8 years, announced they were conducting a review of the allegations.

Latest videos on Out

From our Sponsors

READER COMMENTS ()