Live The Life
Live the Life: Bruce Lee
Everything you need to channel the '70s cultural icon's look with today's fashions.
February 23 2012 9:12 AM EST
November 23 2022 5:47 AM EST
Bruce Lee will forever be remembered as a martial arts badass. Born in San Francisco but raised in Hong Kong, he parlayed physical agility and meditative ferocity into a Hollywood career before his untimely death at the age of 32. Though many hold the sinewy, bare-chested image of him from Enter the Dragon in their memory, Lee could be quite extravagant when fully clothed. He embraced '70s trends -- oversized lapels, powdery pastels, not-so-subtle accessories -- that have come back into favor. But Lee's flashy exterior belied a philosopher's mind. The man himself said it best when he quipped, "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Photography by Devon Jarvis
1. Sunglasses by Burberry, $190
2. Cotton shirt by Caruso, $249
3. Silk twill tie by Hermes, $185
4. Brown leather belt with double Gancio buckle by Salvatore Ferragamo, $290
5. Silk and wool jacket by Tom Ford, $4,030