The 6-foot heatthrob from Belfast had a prolific modelling career before he made the switch to the silverscreen.
Let's remember his finest moments together.
1. We discovered him as the face of the Dior Homme fragrance in 2005.
2. He was our cover boy in 2006.
Read the interview here.
3. He dated Keira Knightley.
Girl's got good taste. Now he's married to actress/singer Amelia Warner. They have two children.
4. He appeared in some steamy Calvin Klein ads.
Here he is with Eva Mendes.
The readers of gossip blog Just Jared even voted him the hottest Calvin Klein model ever.
5. But he also looks hot in an Ermenegildo Zegna suit...
... And a onesie.
Check out his shoot for Numéro Homme Spring/Summer 2006.
6. He made his acting debut in Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette.
7. He played the hottest serial killer ever in the British crime series The Fall. Watch season 2 on Netflix, if you dare. Did we mention that he's naked a lot in the show?
8. When he was little, he wanted to be a park ranger. Because he loves green spaces.
He does look pretty good in the wilderness, don't you think?
9. He said in Interview magazine that he's complexed by his skinny appearance.
We think he's fine.
11. He posed fully naked for the collectible magazine Visionaire. You can get the book for around $800 now. But luckily for us mere mortals, they're kind enough to share (link NSFW).
12. Random fact: He's asthmatic.
Need a naughty nurse?
Photo: Ian Gavan/Getty (portrait), Evan Agostini/Getty (Knightley)