As a rule, we try to avoid puffiness at all costs. The bulky, padded coat is a winter essential, but who wants to invest in something that adds heft to their frame? Luckily, designers have figured out a way to negotiate staying warm and looking cool. By tailoring this cold-weather classic, they've created a sleeker, leaner silhouette that's both functional and fetching. So while Camus discovered the invincible summer within him during the chilly arctic months, we'll always remember this time as the season we learned to praise the puff.
1. Quilted nylon down jacket by 7 For All Mankind, $365
2. Aubergine paneled vest by DKNY, $378
3. Burgundy jacket by Z Zegna, $550
4. Nero Moro Spinnaker tote by Bottega Veneta, $1,150
5. Navy puffer bomber jacket by Banana Republic, $130