1. Mark Ruffalo won the SAG Award for best actor in a TV movie or miniseries for The Normal Heart, but wasn't there to accept his award in person, so he tweeted and Instagrammed about it when his wife and kids woke him up and broke the news.
2. Viola Davis won for best actress in a TV drama for her role in How to Get Away with Murder, and thanked Shonda Rhymes et al for creating such a strong, layered character that was African-American.
3. Uzo Aduba won for best supporting actress in a TV comedy for OITNB and got teary-eyed, admitting to the room that the day she received the role for "Crazy-Eyes" was the day she had decided to give up acting.
4. Aduba took the stage again with herh coworkers when the Orange is the New Black cast won for best ensemble in a TV comedy.
5. Eddie Redmayne won for his portrayal of Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everthing and was just as adorably stricken as he was won he won the Golden Globe.
6. Carrie Fisher presented her mother, Debbie Reynolds, with the lifetime achievement award. Reynolds looked as timeless as ever, and Fisher was... very much herself.
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees, see the full list here.