1. Gay athletes joined YouTube personalities to recognize this pivotal time in professional sports. #ProudToPlay
2. A One Direction fanfic writer signed a 6-figure book deal with the potential for sequels and a movie. Creative writing is about to become an even more popular class for a lot of Tumblr fanatics.
3. Abused and neglected children were placed with a gay couple for adoption and their parents were furious. That's not really how it works.
5. Jonah Hill slung gay epithets at a photographer on the streets of L.A.—then tried to apologize for it. Maybe he should distance himself from the characters he plays that seem to thrive on bathroom humor.
6. Marijuana reviews have become as commonplace as restaurant and film critiques in some places. It's 2014, why not?