1. More Like Murder She Won't. NBC has decided to cancel it's Murder She Wrote reboot with Octavia Spencer.Deadline reports that though the network is nixing this version, they still might approach the project from a different angle. That's all fine for Dame Angela Lansbury (aka the original Jessica Fletcher), because she was never cool with it to begin with. In fact, she's "relieved."
2.Glenn Close is ending her 10-year absence from Broadway to star in Jez Butterworth's The River. The play is slated to open in early 2015.
3. Pete Wentz regrets piercing his wang.E! reports that the Fall Out Boy bassist went on Watch What Happens Live and admitted he experimented with penile piercing. "I was young and dumb and full of wisdom. It's not pierced anymore."
4. The Wanted (aka that band that Lindsay Lohan was stalking) announced they're breaking up. The "Glad You Came" singers announced that they will part ways after their upcoming tour.
5. If you haven't been following the Grantland putter story scandle, let me bring you up to speed. Writer Caleb Hannan interviewed Essay Anne Vanderbilt, a woman who invented a revolutionary new putter. When Hannan discovered some inconsistencies in her background, he dug further and discovered that Vanderbilt was in fact a transwoman. Hannan outed her to one of her business partners and, sadly, Vanderbilt took her own life.The New Republic has investigated ESPN's, Grantland's parent company, response to the "Dr. V" incident. One way they've dealt with Grantland: by putting the staff in contact with a trans sports writer.
6. Watch Hamish Bowles teach Lena Dunham how to pose for her Vogue cover.