1. Same-sex marriage is now legal in the state of Illinois. According to the Chicago Tribune, Gov. Pat Quinn signed the measure into law only a few hours ago. Illinois is the sixteenth state to recognize same-sex marriage.
2. Our November cover boy, Josh Hutcherson, will be hosting Saturday Night Live this Saturday with the phenomenal HAIM as musical guest. Even though last week's episode was a mixed bag, I've got high expectations for this one.
3. Christmas came early for Kelly Clarkson who announced last night via Twitter that she's knocked up. Clarkson married her hubbie Brandon Blackstock a month ago and has been more than vocal about how she REALLY wants a kid. Congrats Kelly, we wish you all the best and we're looking forward to your soulful ballad about motherhood.
I'm pregnant!!! Brandon and I are so excited! Best early Christmas present ever :)
-- Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson)
4. Even thought the Muppets trailer is the best news today, this is a close second: condoms are going to get way better. The Telegraph reports that graphene, a Nobel Prize winning super-material, is being used to create thinner, stronger, and safer condoms. Scientists at the University of Manchester are developing a composite material made of graphene, which is a single atom thick form of carbon, and latex. The article also mentions that the graphene, beyond being lightweight, durable, and transparent, can conduct electricity. Condoms that could potentially conduct electricity...I'm not sure what that could lead to, but I might be into it.
5. There's probably gonna be an ARTPOP sequel. According to the NME, Gaga gave an interview with MSN and hinted that she's planning on releasing a follow up album titled "Act II." Gaga's been a busy little bee this week, as she hosted and performed on SNL, announced she'll be the last person to ever perform at the Roseland Ballroom, and will be the first musician ever to perform in space. So what have you done with your week?
6. There's going to be a new Muppets movie. The trailer came out today for Muppets Most Wanted and the film looks like an amazing high-flying adventure. There are cameos from everyone who's anyone, Tina Fey's gonna do some sort of Pottsylvanian accent, and the frog's gonna moonwalk. What else do you want?