1. Your Story Not everyone at your wedding will know the story behind your relationship; How did you meet? Where? Who pursued whom? That story is the basis for which your wedding day is formed and it will make everyone feel more "in-the-know" and close to you if they understand it, and the true love between you. You can incorporate this in many ways, from an inclusion in the invitation, to the program, to a speech by you or anyone in your bridal party. Framed images of your past together is a great option and can make for budget-friendly cocktail table d'cor!
2. Your Personality As a couple are your personalities fun-loving? Laid-back? And how about your style -- are you traditional, modern, eclectic or organic? The best, most meaningful weddings are those that are infused the couples personality and style. Let these characteristics be your guide for d'cor, formality of the ceremonies, menu and so on.
3. Specialty Cocktail The specialty cocktail is a perfect way to add in a touch of this personality. This could be inspired by a drink you shared on a significant date, a country you visited together or even the flavor or color itself. Give this a name and print that name in decorative frames at the bar or even on cocktail napkins. The favor is another opportunity to share your personality, so steer clear of candles and chocolates and give away something meaningful to you as a couple -- custom aprons or a specialty cookie cutter for a shared passion for cooking maybe?
4. Involve Your Family Since your marriage is also about the unity of your families as well as you as a couple, remember to include them in your day. Special reserved seating, personal messages on your programs, or meaningful speeches and dances throughout the night are all ways this can be achieved.
5. Remember the Point of the Day In the hustle and bustle of any wedding, it is easy to get caught up in the details and drama of planning and d'cor. This can be lead to stress and frustration...and potentially even fights between the couple or the two families. Keep in mind that the true meaning of the day goes well beyond the color of your linens. Keeping sight of that fact that you will now have a partner forever should shed light on what really matter.
For more info on My Fair Wedding, head to the show's official website.
For more info on David Tutera, visit his official website.
To purchase David's new book, My Fair Wedding, head to Amazon.com.