Responding to the news that Trump is now questioning the validity of the infamous Access Hollywood audio tape that aired last fall, AH hosts have reaffirmed the authenticity of the clip on TV.
Host Natalie Morales explained: "We wanted to clear something up that has been reported across the media landscape. Let us make this perfectly clear: The tape is very real," Morales said. "Remember his excuse at the time was 'locker-room talk.' He said every one of those words."
\u201cTRUMP: The "Access Hollywood" tape might be fake\n\nACCESS HOLLYWOOD: What you talkin' 'bout Willis?\u201d
A New York Times story published over the weekend said that Trump had told two separate individuals he thought the tape could be inauthentic. The piece said:
"But something deeper has been consuming Mr. Trump. He sees the calls for Mr. Moore to step aside as a version of the response to the now-famous "Access Hollywood" tape, in which he boasted about grabbing women's genitalia, and the flood of groping accusations against him that followed soon after. He suggested to a senator earlier this year that it was not authentic, and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently. (In the hours after it was revealed in October 2016, Mr. Trump acknowledged that the voice was his, and he apologized.)"
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was vague about Trump's stance in a press briefing Monday, saying: "Look. I said that [Trump] already addressed it, and that we didn't have any updates on that. I said what he didn't like and what he found troubling were the accounts that are being reported now."