Tip the Scales
Don't worry, these pythons won't bite.
April 09 2012 12:18 PM EST
February 05 2015 9:27 PM EST
Photography by Graeme Montgomery | Styling by Lance Boyd at Judy Casey
Since Adam and Eve's serpentine encounter in the Garden of Eden, snakes have endured as a symbol of all things evil--and the bounty of snakeskin accessories on offer this season implies that something wicked this way comes. Labels like Jil Sander and Bottega Veneta have smartly taken the nefarious creature and transformed its menacing reputation into something sensual, opulent, and just a little dangerous. The earthy colors and exotic textures are perfectly in line with the luxe-safari vibe that appeared in many spring collections and suggest that, with the proper accessory, anyone can be a charmer.
1. Python belt by Coach, $358
2. Watch with white dial and khaki-python strap by Movado, $395
3. Key ring by Bottega Veneta, price available upon request
4. Passport cover by Tumi, $75
5. Sunglasses by Linda Farrow Luxe, $740
6. Credit card case by Bottega Veneta, $250