We might be in a pandemic, but if you know New Yorkers, you'd know nothing is going to stop the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade from happening. This year, however, there will be no audience.
According to NBC New York, the parade will air nationwide as a television-only event on NBC and Telemundo on Thursday, November 26 from 9am to 12pm, in all time zones. There will be no in-person audience.
While we won't be seeing the traditional marching path from years past, rest assured there will be a parade and performances -- and several of them are as queer as can be. Check some of our favorites below:
Even though Broadway theaters are closed until next summer, the parade will continue to highlight Broadway's best and brightest:
Ain't Too Proud: The Life and Times of The Temptations, starring Tony nominee Jeremy Pope:
The cast of Hamilton:
The cast of Jagged Little Pill:
The cast of Mean Girls:
Furthermore, theLesbian & Gay Big Apple Corps Band representing the NYC Pride March will also be giving us a performance for the history books.
Keke Palmer, Pentatonix, and singer Bebe Rexha will also be performing! Check out some of our favorites performances of them over the years:
Additional performances include Pattie LaBelle, Dolly Parton, Leslie Odom Jr., Jordin Sparks, Jimmy Fallon and The Roots, the cast and muppets of Sesame Street, Lauren Alaina, Jimmie Allen and Noah Cyrus, Ally Brooke, Sofia Carson, CNCO, Karol G, Tori Kelly, Ella Mai, Miss America 2020 Camille Schrier, Sebastian Yatra, Brett Young
A few other groups marching in the parade include:
* An all-female samba drumline Fogo Azul NYC along with Pulitzer Prize winning playwright and Mermaid Queen Lynn Nottage and Dick Zigun representing the Coney Island USA Mermaid Parade
* Danza Fiesta representing the National Puerto Rican Day Parade
* The Sugarplum Fairy from George Balanchine's The Nutcracker representing the New York City Ballet
* The FDNY Emerald Society Pipes and Drums representing the New York City St. Patrick's Day Parade
* A special performance entitled CaribeFuturism featuring a collective of acts including partners Pan in Motion, Batingua Arts, Sesame Flyers, and Kaisokah Moko Jumbies with Carnival Queen Kay Mason representing the West Indian American Day Carnival Association
* The Big Apple Circus
* The NYPD Police Band
* The West Point Marching Band
* Zeta Phi Beta
Tune into the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on NBC starting at 9am (all time zones) on Thursday, November 26.
RELATED | This Doctor Beat Corona Before Winning Mr. Gay World 2020