While there were tons of celebs -- from the worlds of movies, television and fashion -- all converged last night for the Met Gala, there were sure to be hits and misses. But it's hard to classify as just good, bad and ugly. We've decided to lump them into some more specialized categories. First up? The starlets who definitely dressed well, but weren't taking any risks, sadly.
1. Madonna in Stella McCartney: Loving the retro hair and make-up, and the beautiful color, but we expect more from the woman who wore a full bunny-eared Louis Vuitton look just two years ago.
2. Sarah Jessica Parker: Looks fabulous, to be sure, but we expect more from Carrie Bradshaw. Just saying.
3. Patricia Clarkson looks terrific in Michael Kors, but its a tad blah, no? After all it is just a black sleeveless sheath at the end of the day.
Below from left:
1. Brooklyn Decker sure made a statment with that Barbie pink Calvin Klein number with a slit up to here, but a bit too monochromatic.
2. Gwyneth's flesh-toned longsleeve number looks great, but its a bit snoozy.
3. The lady of the hour, Sarah Burton, looked great in white, but its a bit too robe-y meets muu-muu.
4. Claire Danes looks perfect in this shimmering Calvin Klein number, but she always wears the same sort of plunging neckline/sleeveless number.
5. Chloe in McQueen!? It's nice and all, but we expect so much more from her -- she's always upping the fashion ante, but this time she just fades into the background. Sad.
Be sure to follow Out on your favorite social platform
DON'T MISS THE OUT100 SPECIAL 3 DAY MARATHON STARTING NOVEMBER 24TH!
Journey through the year’s influential Out100 – the most iconic and long-standing celebration of LGBTQ+ icons and allies – in a 1-hour television special spotlighting the LGBTQ+ people shaping the world today.