Out100: Donald Oliver
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Since he took the creative helm of J Brand two years ago, Oliver has elevated the L.A.-based jeans brand to a bona fide luxury fashion company. A new ready-to-wear line for women expands the label’s scope beyond its denim roots, while his minimalist designs for men, geared toward the confident urbanite, remain effortlessly stylish. Not bad for a Scotsman, an alum of the prestigious Central Saint Martins College in London, who made his mark at Calvin Klein and Vera Wang before landing on the West Coast.
Photographed at his office in Los Angeles on July 25, 2013
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The Grand Budapest Hotel's Design Porn
- Gay Pop Culture, Entertainment, Icons Popnography
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath
- Who Cares About Islan Nettles?
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet