Out100: Rafael de Cardenas
By Out.com Editors
Photography by M. Sharkey
After starting his career in the ’90s as a collection designer for Calvin Klein, Cárdenas made the switch to architecture a little more than a decade ago and—with his work on a number of high-profile projects for companies like BMW and HBO -- has become a sought-after, multidisciplinary tastemaker. Just this past year, he launched his own furniture line, oversaw installations and interiors at his firm, Architecture at Large, and designed Jeffrey Chodorow’s new Manhattan restaurant, Kutsher’s.
Photographed at Sun Studios in New York City on September 18, 2012 / Bricks courtesy of LEGO ®
- R Kelly: I’ve Met My Match In Lady Gaga
- Has Manhunt Destroyed Gay Culture?
- Trailer Park: Kit Harington, Kellan Lutz, and Sullivan Stapleton
- Performance Artist Bojana Radulovic Discusses Air Doll, Bergman & the Will to Live
- Out100 2013
- What Are Nathan Lane & Patti LuPone Really Like? Here's the Broadway Gossip!