Robbie Rogers, Omar Sharif Jr. at Voice Awards
By Out.com Editors
Pictured (from left): Robbie Rogers, Hana Mae Lee, and Omar Sharif Jr. | Photos by Daniel G. Lam
The GMCLA held its second annual Voice Awards this past weekend and honored American Idol, AT&T, activists Fred Arens and Jason Duguay, and writer/director Liesel Reinhart for being "leaders who use their voice for social change and equality."
The Voice Awards were hosted by actor and activist Wilson Cruz with performances by Alex Newell (Glee) and De’Borah (The Voice). But the redcarpet was an eclectic affair that included Chris Caldwell Eckert (actor), JDA (American Idol), Tilky Jones (Nashville), the cute and odd Hana Mae Lee (Pitch Perfect), Hal Sparks (actor, comedian), Carmen Twillie (singer/composer) Bruce Vilanch (actor/writer/comedian), Ann Walker (actress), Michael Welch (Twilight, Joan of Arcadia), Marissa Jaret Winokur (actress).
One of the surprises of the evening? Check out how cute former pro soccer player Robbie Rogers looked in his suit. And we didn't overlook (eligible bachelor) Omar Sharif, Jr. (and GLAAD National Spokesperson).
- Christmas Comes Early: Beyoncé Drops 'Visual Album' While You Were Sleeping
- Gay Icons: Kremlin to Receive Elton John, George Michael, Tom Daley Nesting Dolls
- Guy-on-Guy Action
- WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Sing Carols With Strangers on the Street
- Six By Sondheim: James Lapine Directs HBO Doc
- Daily Crush: The ASOS Boys '14 Calendar