Michael Fassbender: Doing Full Frontal 'Keep[s] The Fear Element Alive'
By Alex Taylor Williams
If Michael Fassbender isn’t a household name now, he definitely will be by the end of this year.
The 34-year-old actor continues to deliver solid on screen performances and recently scored a Golden Globe nomination (not to mention a shout-out for his full frontal from George Clooney) for best actor in the controversial drama, Shame.
During his Oscar nominated performance Fassbender does indeed go fully nude, but a new interview reveals that it wasn't an easy decision for him to make.
"I was a bit worried that I'd perhaps bitten off more than I could chew," the actor told The Hollywood Reporter. "But I'm always interested in trying to investigate different personalities. I want to keep myself guessing and keep the fear element alive, so that I don't get too comfortable."
Upcoming films for the Irish-German actor include the Ridley Scott’s sci-fi thriller Prometheus, as well as Twelve Years a Slave in which he’ll be playing alongside Brad Pitt.
- A Brief History of 'Same Love'
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- WATCH: Bway's Nick Adams in his Pajamas in 'Christmas With the Skivvies'
- Warwick Rowers: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?