Wake Me Up Before You… Go-Go and Call the Cops
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
Maybe George Michael wasn’t wasted/drunk/sleeping/all of the above when he drove his Range Rover up the curb and into the front of a London shop on Sunday. Perhaps he thought Snappy Snaps had in-store parking, and he just needed some digital printing done. At 3.30am. Or perhaps it’s the singer’s seventh drug-related arrest, and we are witnessing the continued decline of one of the world’s best loved pop stars.
The BBC and other news sources are reporting that Michael, 47, was arrested after colliding with a building, and later released on bail. As yet, nothing has been said as to why the police judged him “unfit to drive.”
Michael only recently got his license back after a 2007 conviction for charges of driving while unfit, due to drugs. And in 2006 he was famously found slumped at the wheel.
Perhaps he needs to swap his SUV for a smaller car that isn’t capable of mounting the curb, just in case?
Previously > When Gay Equals Funny
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Elton John Criticized 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Zachary Quinto Models For Mr Porter
- Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It
- Year of Penny: VH1 to Re-Air 'Happy Endings'