When Gay Equals Funny
By Jessanne Collins
What’s the funniest of these (real) names? Anna Sassin? Ada Poo? Ima Gay? Pat Fenis? Well, of course the gay one, right? That’s the conclusion -- and headline -- on Brit tabloid rag The Sun, in today’s story about a new book of “most comical names.”
“Ima Gay tops weird names list,” the site crows. And goes on to mention other “rib ticklers” (that’s what the Brits call jokes) such as Ben Dover, Pete Sake, John Thomas Willy, and Sandy Beach.
Not that Ima Gay’s totally unamusing, mind you, but it’s a little depressing that the name is funny JUST because it says you’re gay…
The book, Frou-Frou, Frisby and Brick, compiles 3,000 names that range from the unlucky to the contrived. Lucious Bacon would earn parents a punch in the head, but changing your birth name (George Garratt) to Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine The Hulk And The Flash Combined is a cry for help.
Previously > Brit Soap Goes Trans
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Have 30 Minutes to Watch a Lana Del Rey's Short Film?
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- WATCH: Chris Lilley Teases New 'Summer Heights High' Spin-Off