Virginia Attorney General Does 180, Supports Same-Sex Marriage
...And 5 Other Things You Need To Know Today
January 23 2014 6:36 PM EST
February 05 2015 9:27 PM EST
1. The Advocate reports Virginia's Attorney General, Mark Herring, will no longer defend the state's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage. Herring, who is a Democrat, took office January 7 and announced today that he won't defend the ban in federal court, as he believes it violates the US Constitution's 14th Amendment.
2. A Hong Kong billionaire is offering $120mil to any man who marries his lesbian daughter. I know this sounds like the set up to the worst screwball comedy of all time, but this is for real.
3. President Obama has created a task force to address the issue of sexual assault on college campuses. The New York Times reports that the president has given his task force 90 days to recommend the best practices for colleges to prevent or respond to assaults.
4. Justin Bieber, seen here at the beginning of his downward spiral, has been released back into the wild. Bieber's bail for his DUI/driving on a suspended license/resisting arrest charge was set at only $2,500. Can we just preemptively slap a Lohan-brand ankle monitor on him now and be done with it?
5. Revenge-Porn King, most hated man on the internet, and overall piece of human garbage,Hunter Moore, has been indicted by a federal grand jury for email hacking and stealing nude photographs.
6. Chloe Sevigny's new cop show, Those Who Kill, makes The Wire look like The Andy Griffith Show. Seriously, this is really dark.