This story originally appeared on Them.
Ariana Grande continues to be a “Problem” for the Trump administration.
The “Into You” singer left a disapproving comment on a TikTok posted by the Team Trump account on TikTok on Wednesday. The account is the official social media account for President Donald Trump’s campaign, and it remains active despite Trump being constitutionally barred from running for president again — not that that’s stopped him from repeatedly joking about it.
The TikTok in question used Grande’s “We Can’t Be Friends (Wait For Your Love)” as a soundtrack for the clip, which includes the text: “Me and my truth we sit in silence. Men can’t have babies and should never compete in women’s sports.”
@teamtrump This shouldn’t be controversial! #trump #arianagrande #maga
The anti-trans caption overlays a video of Trump walking to a podium to address a rally. “This shouldn’t be controversial!” the TikTok caption says, along with the hashtags #trump #arianagrande and #maga.
Underneath the video, Grande commented, “Never use my music again. Also, your truth is false,” she wrote, per Deadline. According to the outlet, though the comment was visible at one point, it has either been deleted or removed by the team behind the Trump account. Grande’s song, however, has also been removed from the social media post.
Grande has previously called out the Trump administration for use of her music on social media. In June, Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) used her song “Bye” to accompany a video promoting the Secure America Act, which would fund ICE and border patrol, and was signed into law in June, per Deadline.
“Please do not ever use my music in relation to this barbaric, inhumane, heinous nonsense,” Grande wrote in a comment, per Reuters.
White House spokesperson Abigail Jackson responded to Grande’s June comment. “We’ll say this one last time: what’s actually barbaric, inhumane, and heinous are the criminal illegal aliens who have injured and murdered innocent American citizens,” Jackson said.
Them has reached out to the White House for comment and will update if we hear back.
Grande has previously shown support for the trans community, especially in the face of attacks from the Trump administration. In 2025, following Trump’s signing of a sweeping anti-trans executive order, Grande reposted a message from Advocates for Trans Equality onto her Instagram stories, per Elle.
“The incoming administration campaigned on attacking trans people’s lives, healthcare, and dignity and we’re bracing ourselves for what these extremists will try to do next,” the story read. “No matter what comes, we will protect each other. The incoming Trump administration, and the Project 2025 extremists who staff it, are reacting to decades of progress made by our LGBTQI+ community by trying to drag us backward. But we have fought even harder battles before—and won. We’ll do it again.”
In June, Grande launched the Brighter Days Ahead Foundation, which supports a number of causes, including helping “grassroots groups that advocate for LGBTQ+ rights, civil rights and reproductive justice.” The Foundation’s mission says that it will help groups “meet urgent moments with aid and resources, providing rapid support and relief during times of collective need.”
Grande is one of many artists who have asked the administration not to use their music either at rallies or on social media, including Taylor Swift, Sabrina Carpenter, Olivia Rodriguez, SZA, Kesha, Katy Perry and others, per Deadline.
Get the best of what’s queer. Sign up for Them’s newsletters.







