Power List 2013: FRANK OCEAN
By Out.com Editors
The impact this young R&B singer has had on popular culture in such a short period shouldn’t be underestimated. Just before releasing his debut solo album, channel ORANGE, to wide acclaim, the news that he’d also loved a man ricocheted around the world, garnering support from members of the hip-hop and R&B music communities, more usually associated with outspoken homophobia.
The news didn’t hurt record sales either. Nominated for six Grammys, Ocean took one for Best Urban Contemporary Album, as well as the Album of the Year award at the Soul Train Music Awards.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto