Out100: House of Ladosha
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Clockwise from top left: Neon Christina Ikea Ladosha, Michael Magnan, YSL Ladosha, Julianna Huxtable, Dosha Devastation, DeSe LaDosha, Cunty Crawford Ladosha, and Reni Ma LaDosha
For a perfect distillation of House of LaDosha’s take on hip-hop, look no further than the video for their song “B.M.F. (Black Model Famous).” The clip, which has received more than 40,000 YouTube hits, features the New York art collective’s blinged-out ringleader, Antonio Blair (nom de drag: Dosha Devastation), inspecting his makeup in a compact, imperiously flicking his caramel-colored wig, and mugging for the camera as he delivers Harlem ballroom–worthy lines like “I think I’m Kate Moss/ Naomi Campbell/ Up in French Vogue/ You know the pose.”
Blair and his crew continue to bring that same sass and irreverent glee to their gender-blurring live performances (they’ve opened for Azealia Banks) and T-shirt line, both of which serve as a big, long, manicured middle finger to homophobes and haters.
“I want House of LaDosha to completely take over New York City and be a movement,” says Blair (far right). “I want people to feel like they’re part of something: a feeling, a vibe, an energy, a legit family.”
Photographed at Fast Ashley’s Studio in Brooklyn, N.Y., on August 9, 2013.
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'