Truman's Book Club: 'This Is A Kenneth Cole Production' (For amfAR)
By Julien Sauvalle
Kenneth Cole was the first fashion designer to use his brand advertising as a platform to advocate social issues. Passionate about the fight against HIV and marriage equality, the Brooklyn-born designer has promoted same-sex rights on provocative billboards and launched numerous campaigns to raise funds for AIDS charities.
Spanning his three decade-long career, This Is A Kenneth Cole Production is the first monograph dedicated to Cole's achievements in fashion and social activism. With contributions by Diane Von Furstenberg and Bill Clinton, the book is a testament to Cole's avid support to the LGBTQ community, featuring many of the designer's proudest moments. And he's not showing any signs of slowing down: All profits from the book's sales will be donated to amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research.
'This Is A Kenneth Cole Production', by Kenneth Cole and Lisa Birnbach, $75, at KennethCole.com
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film