Gap Unveils New Ad Featuring Same-Sex Couple
By Out.com Editors
Wowza. It's starting to look like every company is advertising directly to the gay community these days: J.Crew hit the trend early with an adorable boy duo last year, last week we caught wind of a boy-on-boy Ray-Ban ad, and just yesterday mentioned a JC Penney catalog that spotlights lesbian partners and their family—not to mention Mr. Kenneth Cole who has always shown love to the gays with his campaigns. Today, Towleroad pointed out that Gap has jumped on the bandwagon with a billboard starring two dashing dudes (caught via Twitter by Chris Votaw, or @votaw). Earlier this week, the New York Times profiled Gap, Inc., noting that after a handful of tumultous, lethargic years, the brand is looking to recapture the sense of understated-cool that they originally heralded in the 90s and which went on to fully permeated the zeitgeist for some time. While we realize that even the most earnest seeming, heartstring-tugging advertisements have some sort of profit-driven intent behind them, it's a testament to a company as ubiquitous as Gap to make such a public endorsement of support to the LGBTQ community.
In other news, the advocacy group One Million Moms will start their tantrum in 3...2...1...
Photo courtesy of Twitter/@votaw
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- 10 Gayest Moments in 6 Episodes of 'Teen Wolf'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Quote of the Day: Teen Wolf's Charlie Carver on His Gay Sex Scenes
- Actor Brandon Tyler Harris explains the importance of Sal Bardo's Pink Moon