Girls Star Adam Driver To Play Star Wars Antagonist
By Alex Panisch
1. Girls star Adam Driver is going to play villain in the new Star Wars film. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Driver (aka Hannah Horvath’s psychotic boyfriend, Adam Sackler) is in final negotiations for the role of the antagonist in the upcoming J.J. Abrams directed film. Let the nerd outrage begin!
2. The New York City Council is boycotting this year’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade because of the way the parade’s organizers treat LGBT groups. Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito announced said that the Council won’t make an appearance, “citing the parades rules that effectively ban LGBT groups from taking part.” The Council seems to be following Mayor De Blasio’s lead, as he won’t be participating in the parade for the same reason.
3. According to Rolling Stone, Courtney Love’s psychiatrist is suing her to the tune of nearly $50,000. Dr. Edward Ratush is suing love for $48,250. The suit doesn’t specify the reason for the claim, but says that the “nature of this action is breach of contract.”
4. Seth Rogen testified before the Senate to voice his support for legislation to increase the funding for Alzheimer’s disease. Chairman of the Senate Appropriations subcommittees, Senator Tom Harkin is clearly not much of a fan of Rogen’s work. TMZ has the video and it’s obvious that Harkin probably didn’t know who Rogen was until ten minutes before the meeting.
5. According to Gothamist, bottomless booze brunches are illegal in New York City. In other news, there is no god!
6. HAIM went full-on Soul Train—in their own 90s way—for their “If I Could Change Your Mind” video.