Elton John Criticized 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
By Out.com Editors
1. Elton John interrupted his Moscow concert to voice concerns over Russia's anti-gay law. He faced intense criticism from both within and outside the LGBT community around the world for his decision to travel to Russia in light of the country's recently enacted nationwide ban on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations" in forums visible to minors. So while he was in Russia, the rock 'n' roll legend stopped his Friday, Dec. 6, concert and stated: "You took me to your hearts all these years ago and you've always welcomed me with warmth and open arms any time I've visited. You have always embraced me and you have never judged me. So I am deeply saddened and shocked over the current legislation that is now in place against the LGBT community here in Russia. In my opinion, it is inhumane and it is isolating. People have demanded that because of this legislation, I must not come here to Russia. But many, many more people asked me to come and I listened to them. I love coming here."
Watch the video below:
2. Bryan Singer announced news for next X-Men film. Singer tweeted Thursday that his follow-up film will include longtime X-Men villain Apocalypse and is scheduled to hit theaters in 2016, according to Newsarama. A representative from Fox Studios later followed up with the exact release date: May 27, 2016.
3. British pop singer Harry Styles took girlfriend Kendall Jenner to a NYC gay bar. The One Direction singer happens to enjoy Therapy, that is, the gay bar located in Manhattan's Hell's Kitchen neighborhood, according to Us Weekly. "Harry has actually been her a few times before," a source explained to the gossip site. "He's just a regular customer when he comes in," adds the source of Styles, who was dating Taylor Swift around this time last year. As it happens, Styles "walked out when they played 'What Makes You Beautiful,'" as other patrons finally began recognizing the celebrities in their midst, the source said. "He was holding Kendall's hand."
4. Aussie actor Harry Cook came out via YouTube. Perhaps best known as Geena Davis’s son in the Aussie coming of age dramedy Accidents Happen, Cook is the latest "celeb" to take to YouTube to share his coming out message. In the video he says reveals that he’s “madly in love” and didn’t want to go through life hiding anything. As Queerty noted, Cook is featured the indie drama Drown, described as a “big night out” when “jealousy, homophobic fears and unrequited lust culminate in a tragic booze-fueled episode of near-fatal bullying.” Watch his coming out vid below:
5. A video of Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black adds more fire to their dating rumors. This video uncovered by the Backlot was posted October 29 and filmed in front of the campus gym of the University of Houston. It shows Olympic swimmer Tom Daley being asked to pose for a quick video shoutout to fans “Asha” and “Adam” while he was in Houston training. As the Backlot noted: "The obliging Daley has a water bottle in hand and behind him is a dapper guy in a black T-shirt that looks an awful lot like Dustin Lance Black. Enjoy the video below:
6. Watch Matt Damon & George Clooney in the trailer for Monuments Men.