Watch: Judy and 'The Homosexuals' In 1967
By Out.com Editors
1. Fast Co. has an illustrated "guide to recognizing your gay stereotypes." Just in case you need a reference.
2. Ideological nemeses HRC Executive Director Chad Griffin and National Organization for Marriage hater Brian Brown will discuss marriage equality on ABC's This Week Sunday. Should be a good one!
3. Vice President Joe Biden thinks the Supreme Court's DOMA decision shows that our nation is "on the verge" of full equality. "I think we'll see the day when it is no longer a debate about whether or not same-sex couples can be married and whether or not they deserve every single civil right every other married couple deserves," he said. "[Yesterday was] a great day for every gay and lesbian couple and it should be a great day for every straight couple in America. Now we can look each other in the eye and say: We're on the road to absolute fairness and equity."
4. A young Anderson Cooper thought Cher was his sister.
5. Elaine Kaplan, Acting Director of the government's Office of Personnel Management, officially extended federal benefits to gay and lesbian employees and their same-sex spouses today: "As a result of [the Supreme Court's decision] decision, the United States will now be able to extend benefits to Federal employees and annuitants who are legally marriage to a spouse of the same sex. "
6. This morning we posted video of Cher thanking her gay audience for their decades of support. As a bit of juxtaposition (or is it symmetry?), here's a 1967 interview in which Judy Garland, an icon whose June 22, 1969, death preceded the Stonewall riots by six days, discusses a People magazine article in which her audience is "smeared" as being homosexual. In her roundabout defense of her audience, gay or not, Garland describes the journalist who wrote the article as a "fella." Is that an anti-lesbian jibe?
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Listen to 'The Sound Of Music Live' Soundtrack