Neil Patrick Harris and Melissa Etheridge Walk the Walk
By Nick Stergiopoulos
Photo: Getty Images
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce recently announced the Walk of Fame Recipients for 2011, and two of the most visibly gay celebs will soon be immortalized on Hollywood Boulevard. Both Melissa Etheridge and Neil Patrick Harris have been given stars, which are awarded by a secret Selection Committee.
On Twitter, Harris was very appreciative, writing “Getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame -- awesome. Having it be in the same year as the Muppets -- priceless.”
Both entertainers have worked extremely hard for this honor. Etheridge recently announced tour dates to promote her 11th studio album, Fearless Love, while Harris has succeeded at being the most convincing straight man ever.
Other 2011 recipients include Penelope Cruz, Sissy Spacek, Reese Witherspoon, Oprah and Tiny Fey.
Previously > Glee Update: Neil Patrick Harris & Lady Gaga
- Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins At Celebrating Christmas
- Learning To Accept A Fraternity That Accepted Me
- Ian McKellen Surprised Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening
- Paul Rudd Witnessed A Drag Queen Brawl While Filming Anchorman 2 Fight Scene
- First Look: HBO's 'The Normal Heart'
- 50 Essential Gay Films