Neil Patrick Harris and Melissa Etheridge Walk the Walk
By Nick Stergiopoulos
Photo: Getty Images
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce recently announced the Walk of Fame Recipients for 2011, and two of the most visibly gay celebs will soon be immortalized on Hollywood Boulevard. Both Melissa Etheridge and Neil Patrick Harris have been given stars, which are awarded by a secret Selection Committee.
On Twitter, Harris was very appreciative, writing “Getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame -- awesome. Having it be in the same year as the Muppets -- priceless.”
Both entertainers have worked extremely hard for this honor. Etheridge recently announced tour dates to promote her 11th studio album, Fearless Love, while Harris has succeeded at being the most convincing straight man ever.
Other 2011 recipients include Penelope Cruz, Sissy Spacek, Reese Witherspoon, Oprah and Tiny Fey.
Previously > Glee Update: Neil Patrick Harris & Lady Gaga
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend