Morrissey: I’m Humansexual
By Alex Panisch
Morrissey issued a statement this week to clarify his sexuality a week after his the publication of his autobiography last week. The statement was not very helpful.
In the autobiography, Morrissey talks about his relationship with a man named Jake Owen Walters, though he left the details of the relationship and if it was or was not a sexual very ambiguous. He wrote about his relationship with Walters was, “the fist time in my life the eternal ‘I’ becomes ‘we,’ as, finally, I can get on with someone.”
In a statement published on True to You, an online zine on which Morrissey communicates with his fans, the singer wrote, "Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course ... not many".
Well that cleared that right up. Makes about as much sense as when Antony Hegarty said he was “mammal identified.” But whatever floats your boat. The autobiography is, at the time of writing, at the number one spot on Amazon UK's best-seller list. Morrissey’s autobiography, Autobiography is not available in the US at the moment but can be purchased on amazon.co.uk.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series