1. Texas Governor, Eagle Scout and failed GOP presidential candidate Rick Perry told the Family Research Council that the Boy Scouts' ban on gay leaders must be fought for with the same "principled leadership" former Texas Gov. Sam Houston used in opposing slavery. Because homosexuality and slavery are in his mind comparable. He also had this to say, "[The BSAs] values and principles have worked for a century now. And for pop culture to come in and try to tear that up, which happens to be the flavor of the month so to speak, and to tear apart one of the great organizations... that is just not appropriate and I hope the American people will stand up and say, 'Not on my watch.'"
2. Niall Ferguson, the Harvard historian who claimed Keynes' economic theories were flawed because he was gay and therefore unconcerned about future generations, has apologized. Meanwhile, his comments have sparked an entire conversation about whether gays and lesbians are forward-thinking or not. Is it all or nothing?
3. Aaron Sorkin promises this season of The Newsroom will be different.
4. Gay Uncle Poodle walked Here Comes Honey Boo Boo's Mama June down the aisle for the reality show personality's wedding to Sugar Bear.
5. It has been one year since Vice President Joe Biden came out for marriage equality, a move that sparked President Obama to do the same.
6. George Takei, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Brad Goreski discuss how to deal with anti-gay hypocrites.