By Andrew Belonsky
While there were a few items from Paris we wanted to share, such the artwork of Romaine Brooks, a bisexual artist whose work resembles that of her temporal, aesthetic and philosophical contemporary Claude Cahun, but ultimately we decided on an entire village, La Roche-Guyon.
In addition to romping around the historic streets and exploring the 12th Century castle, including a dungeon built into the domineering cliff that looms above this village about an hour north of Paris, visitors can hike through the Arboretum de La Roche-Guyon, a free-of-charge refuge with trees from all over France.
Bring a picnic for your excursion to prove once and for all that being provincial can indeed be quite chic.
- Watch Jennifer Lopez's Man Candy-Filled Video On Mute
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Matt Bomer
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: Le1f, Blood Orange Perform “Wut” on Letterman
- Spanish Olympic Sailors Strip in Gratitude