Cory Booker Opponent Compares 'Fetishes'
By Out.com Editors
1. Cory Booker doesn't care if people think he's gay because, the Newark Mayor and Democratic Senate candidate says, "I want to challenge people on their homophobia." He can start with his GOP opponent, Steve Lonegan. The longshot says he'd rather be seen as a "guy," not gay. "As a guy, I personally like being a guy. I don't know if you saw the stories last year. They've been out for quite a bit about how [Booker] likes to go out at three o'clock in the morning for a manicure and a pedicure," Lonegan said. " "I don't like going out in the middle of the night, or any time of the day, for a manicure and pedicure. It was described as his peculiar fetish. I have a more peculiar fetish. I like a good Scotch and a cigar. That's my fetish but we'll just compare the two." (This is just like that "Daniel Hernandez ain't a 'Real Man'" smear.)
2. With conservative blowhard Cliff Kincaid calling on Fox News' Shepard Smith to come out, Joe Jervis asked another anti-gay activist, Peter LaBarbera, whether or not Matt Drudge, another person on our Power List, should also step out of the closet. LaBarbera says yes. All gay people should come out because we're all part of the same "special interest."
3. Meanwhile, Pat Robertson is sticking by his claims that gay men intentionally spread AIDS.
4. Comeuppance: A substitute teacher in Arkansas was reportedly fired after telling grade schoolers gay and lesbian marriages are "of the devil."
5. The American Humanist Association named Dan Savage "Humanist of the Year." Here he talks about the honor, extramarital sex, anti-sex activists, and, yes, "Santorum."
6. A teaser for Glee's forthcoming fifth season.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?