Daily Crush: A.P.C. x Louis W. 'The Coming Out' Collection
By Julien Sauvalle
Pictured, from left: Chelsea camel deer suede bomber jacket, Shinjuku ecru merino lambswool bomber jacket, both by A.P.C. x Louis W. (Bruno Staub)
A.P.C. co-designer Louis Wong continues his exploration of the leather jacket. Moving on from New Wave cinema and American clichés as references, Wong's third capsule collection for the French label takes inspiration from Jamel Shabazz's portraits of stylish Brooklynites, celebrating the discovery of self and individuality.
Appropriately named "The Coming Out" (a nod to Frank Ocean's courageous announcement last year), the collection of seven jackets has a delightful '80s vibe. Highlights include the soft deer suede Chelsea bomber jacket ($1,910), and the Shinjuku bomber jacket, made in an ultra-cosy ecru merino shearling ($2,350).
Available online and in A.P.C. boutiques worldwide.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Joins Film Adaptation of Sandman Graphic Novel
- First Look: HBO's 'The Normal Heart'
- Learning To Accept A Fraternity That Accepted Me
- Obama Selects Billie Jean King for Sochi Delegation
- Mary Lambert Releases Her First EP: Welcome To The Age Of My Body
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Get Up, Get Up' Video From Brontez Purnell's Young Lovers