UPDATE: JC Penney Features Gay Fathers in Catalogue, One Million Moms Take Offense
By Out.com Editors
Father's Day is just around the corner, which means that stores are vying for you to buy pop something special to show your love. As they did for Mother's Day, the retailer JC Penney is making sure that all families are represented by including a photo of two men and their children in their latest mailer. This is all part of an ongoing trend of brands making direct appeals to the LGBT community. Call us cynics, but we know this is, in part, a bid to win over a demographic and reap the financial rewards, but it's also risky as conservative groups (Hi, One Million Moms!) will likely protest. But JC Penney has certainly been one of the leaders in the movement, perhaps as part of its rebranding strategy. But dull analytics aside, their continued support makes us want to support them right back.
UPDATE: As expected, the conservative rights group One Million Moms is pissed about JC Penney's inclusive policy. In a statement on their website, they said: "It is obvious that JCP would rather take sides than remain neutral in the culture war...We must remain diligent and stand up for Biblical values and truth. Scripture says multiple times that homosexuality is wrong, and God will not tolerate this sinful nature."
Picture courtesy of JC Penney
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- Warwick Rowers: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- A Brief History of 'Same Love'
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Musto: Trans Porn Star/Educator Buck Angel Says His Vagina Has Changed His Life