1. Michelle Obama lauded ABC host Robin Roberts for coming out. “I'm so happy for you and Amber!” the FLOTUS tweeted, referring to Roberts' partner of a decade Amber Laign. “You continue to make us all proud. –mo” she concluded.
.@RobinRoberts, I am so happy for you and Amber! You continue to make us all proud. -mo
— FLOTUS (@FLOTUS) December 30, 2013
2. Brooklyn Nine-Nine, one of the funniest shows on television that you aren’t watching, will answer one of its biggest mysteries when it returns from hiatus in 2014. We’ll finally meet Captain Ray Holt’s husband. Marc Evan Jackson—known to Parks and Rec fans as the lawyer who tried to buy Rent-A-Swag—will play Kevin, husband to the 99th precinct’s head honcho. [h/t AV Club]
3. Need a good omen for the new year? Well there’s a new island off the coast of Japan and it’s shaped like Snoopy. Happy 2014.
4. Lily Allen threw epic shade at all of her pop peers. In an interview with Esquire UK, she said that when she was growing up, during the heyday of Britpop, the music was “real.” Now however, she’s disappointed in the pop scene. “So excuse me if I found it a bit disappointing when I arrived and it was a bunch of sterile fucking botoxed idiots that stank of desperation.” Burn. [h/t NME]
5. “Call Me Maybe” singer, Carly Rae Jepsen is heading to Broadway. She’ll make her theatrical debut as the lead in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella. She takes the stage on February 4 for a twelve-week engagement. The Nanny star, Fran Drescher will play her wicked stepmother.
6. In case you haven’t heard Brit Brit’s pulled a Celine Dion as scored herself a residency in Vegas. Check out photos of the spectacle and the complete set list. The handheld video below offers a taste of her super-awesome stage show. Check out the video below: