Sam Champion Receives Emotional Send-Off
By Out.com Editors
It was the end of an era: Sam Champion wrapped up 25 years at ABC and his Good Morning America "family"—Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos, Lara Spencer, and Josh Elliott—said farewell to its longtime weatherman today with a montage of clips from the 52-year-old's tenure with the network.
It got teary (that's what daytime TV is all about, folks!), especially when news anchor Elliott fought back tears, saying: "I just want to say thank you. Because it's been a gift each and every day to work with you, Sam. A lot of people talked about our bromance, and for me it was just a friendship. I promise there's happy on the inside, but...I'm gonna miss you. You are the best live broadcaster I've ever worked with. Thank you for giving the gift to us and to everybody at home, every day." (There was also a brief cameo by Britney Spears, wishing the weather guy good luck.)
Champion started working for ABC in 1998 and joined the cast of GMA in 2006. Next up for the openly gay TV stalwart? He'll be joining The Weather Channel as a host and managing editor.
Check out the clip below:
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- EXCLUSIVE: Matt Bomer Explains How The Normal Heart Changed His Life
- Beyoncé Liberated
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- LISTEN: Britney Spears and Sia Do Acoustic "Passenger"
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him