Michelle Williams Will Play Sally Bowles
By Michael Musto
There's been a lot of buzz about the upcoming Broadway revival of Cabaret, with Alan Cumming reprising his role as the scuzzy but riveting MC. A lot of the talk has had to do with who will dare to play the Liza Minnelli role of vulnerable, misguided chanteuse Sally Bowles. Anne Hathaway won't do it, and Emma Stone dropped out. But another film star is hopping aboard, according to our pals at LemonWade.com. It's Michelle Williams (Brokeback Mountain, Blue Valentine), who played Marilyn Monroe in My Week With Marilyn and who can clearly act, sing, and do all the other stuff a part like this would require. It's a long way from Dawson's Creek, but maybe this time a revival will win.
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- India Reinstates Gay Sex Ban
- WATCH: Oscar Isaac Performs Folk Version of Katy Perry's 'Roar'
- WATCH: Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream
- WATCH: Detox, Willam and Vicky Vox Sing Naughty Christmas Song
- A Pope is Person of the Year: Edie Windsor is No. 3