Rapper-Diva Relationships Overload Our Cute-Craving Hearts
By Jessanne Collins
The only thing more thrilling than a story involving a cute animal is a story involving two cute animals, of entirely different species, cuddling up or cohabiting or canoodling or what have you. We're talking cats nursing orphaned squirrels, baby hippos hanging with ancient tortoises, puppies and tiger cubs romping together in boxes, things of that heartwarming nature.
This week, we've been taking the same sort of delight marveling at unlikely friendships between bad-ass rappers and vintage gay icons. To begin with, Eminem told Vibe magazine that he turned to Elton John for support during rehab. "He was really
supportive, and still is to this day. Especially in the
beginning, there was a couple of things he talked me out of
doing," he said, noting that "We had kept in contact ever
since the Grammys and shit."
Not to be outdone, 50 Cent and Bette Midler have been chillin together -- and are even rumored to be planning a duet -- after they met through a park restoration project in Queens. And this seems to go beyond casual inter-celeb charity chumminess. "He has really made my life worth living," Midler apparently said. "50 has been with me through thick and thin."
Now we just need to introduce Lil' Wayne to Zelda Kaplan.
Photo: Getty Images
Previously > Oh, Sherie!
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 15 Sexiest Red-Haired Men
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection