Last night's 61st Annual Tony Awards captivated theater queens around the country—well, at least the ones that weren't watching The Sorpanos finale. And they went off without a hitch despite not having a celebrity host ushering things along this year.
On the fashion front, there's not much to say. The boys dressed in their finest penguin suits. One would think a bunch of creative types, would get a little creative with the black tie dress code. But that was not the case at Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan last night. Classic tuxedos were out in full force with silk, peak lapels though some guys did break from the white shirt and black bow tie. Duncan Sheik opted for a black shirt, black tie and black jacket. While he does clean up nicely, he looked quite bearish under the bright lights while accepting his award for Spring Awakening. His grizzly beard was in desperate need of a trim.
Here's a quick summary of last night's Tony Awards for everyone that was watching The Sopranos:
- Neil Patrick Harris looked great in his tuxedo.
- Duncan Sheik needed a neck trim.
- Mary Poppins was robbed! Gavin Lee (the oh-so-dashing Brit who plays Bert) deserved a win. And Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins) deserved at least a nomination.
- You should go see Spring Awakening—it swept the awards.
- Kiki and Herb deserved to win because Justin Bond looked fabulous.